Welcome!

As part of my efforts to grow as an artist, I have launched this blogsite as an online journal. I am not too bad at editing so I hope I can keep it short and simple enough to head off boredom for readers. I appreciate feedback - so if readers have questions or suggestions, please send them along!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Making Plans


I have just spent a week with my parents in Chicago... a visit and some helping chores. How fortunate I am to have them both still with me and healthy at 84!

I grew up enjoying the story of how they met, in this country, the US, after each having separately fled Europe at the end of WW II. It seemed to me as a young girl that, more than most, my parents' coming together was surely a supreme work of fate. How amazing, it seemed to me, that these two people grew up in pretty close proximity (Lithuania is, after all, a very small country - geographically no larger than our state of Rhode Island)... shared similar experiences of growing up there and in that particular time, yet only met after many tribulations of war and the emigration that took them to the US. And once again, fate puts them both in Chicago, despite some "CLOSE CALLS" of sponsoring distant relatives almost taking one or the other to another city entirely.

But Chicago it was... they met, made plans and made a family.

With my brother gone now, I am nudging them to join me in making plans... for them to come live with me and my husband in Massachusetts.

Perhaps by next summer...

I had these kinds of turns of fortune in mind as I created this image. Kismet in all its forms... and we making plans within those of providence.

No comments: