Welcome!

As part of my efforts to grow as an artist, I have launched this blogsite as an online journal. I am not too bad at editing so I hope I can keep it short and simple enough to head off boredom for readers. I appreciate feedback - so if readers have questions or suggestions, please send them along!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reverie




"The artist gazes upon a reality and creates his own impression. The viewer gazes upon the impression and creates his own reality."
~Robert Brault

Today the weather on Cape Cod is gorgeous: bright, crisp with the unmistakable fragrance of spring in the air. And the sounds, too... a veritable symphony of birdsong.

The only thing that can make this better is to put brush to canvas. Although I am planning a still life, I haven't got the composition of that worked out yet... so I am sharing here an outdoor scene, also on my easel.

This is a view of Stage Harbor light - a privately owned lighthouse at the end of Harding's beach, and part of the view from the end of Sears Road. This is the other side from the view we see. I am working from photos I took two years ago... and have inserted an invented figure. I wonder what she is thinking? Perhaps by the time I finish I will have some idea...

No comments: